The team at Érudit is looking for a coordination officer dedicated to relations with scholarly journal editors.
Why This Job Might Be Perfect for You
- You are customer service-oriented and enjoy understanding customers’ needs and proposing appropriate solutions.
- You would love to collaborate with a motivated team on different projects relating to scholarly journals.
- You are self-reliant, but you are also a team player.
- You have an interest in knowledge sharing, open science, and digital publishing.
- You have an interest in administrative tasks.
- You have excellent oral and written skills in French, and good oral and written skills in English.
The Challenges You Will Face Every Day
- Support our daily relationships with Canadian and Québec scholarly journal editors: receiving and following up on general requests, information sessions, consulting services for digitization of journal archives, indexing improvement projects, production process optimization, support relating to production tools, etc.
- Support and consulting services for scholarly journal editors as they transition toward open access, notably on indexing in the DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals) and Creative Common licencing.
- Tasked with negotiating contracts, validating customized quotes, evaluating and analyzing requests from editors based on pre-established metrics, estimating production costs, sharing quotes and following up.
- Managing the Espace éditeur (communication with editors through this space, follow-up on bug reports/requests, adding relevant documents to the interfaces, updating information).
What You Need to Succeed in This Role
- Completed undergraduate university degree in an appropriate field of specialization.
- Good writing skills in French, fluency in English.
- Good understanding of the academic environment.
- Salary range: R1 – $53,217 and $75,872.
- Regular full-time position, 35 hours a week.
- Hybrid work organization.
- Union for research employees at the Université de Montréal—SERUM-PRO.
- Full benefits package and pension plan
- Advantageous annual vacation policy
- Immediate supervisor: Élise Bergeron
- Regular work location: University of Montreal, Montreal (Quebec, Canada)
Submit your application before February 29, 2024
To apply, you must go through the announcement on the HR platform of the University of Montreal. Consult the announcement number “525831” named “Agente ou agent de coordination“, then submit your application and cover letter online, by pressing the “Postuler emploi” button. If this is your first online application, please create your profile first.
Érudit’s mission is to support open digital publishing and research in the humanities and social sciences. Erudit is a digital infrastructure for the dissemination of knowledge that combines cutting-edge technology and human expertise.The platform does an exceptional job of showcasing the research produced in Canada, disseminating over 140,000 articles, and collaborating with over 300 journals. Érudit also maintains Coalition Publica, a structuring partnership with the Public Knowledge Project that promotes the dissemination of research results in both English and French. Érudit has been supporting the research and cultural communities for over 25 years. www.erudit.org